Squishy Peppermint Lip Gloss

ah-soy

I've never posted a recipe, but have enjoyed trying so many on here that I thought I'd share my latest. It's squishy, glossy and not waxy (at my daughter's request) so it can't go into a stick type tube, but I put into some little pots and have some squeeze tubes on the way. You can also use a liquid oil instead of the shea butter and it's great in gloss tubes with a flocked applicator)

Recipe is in grams (so I could make a very small test batch), but if you want to do ounces, just divide the grams by 30...it gets you close enough.

50 grams oils of choice (I used 20g of refined shea butter, 25g sunflower oil and 5 grams of Golden Jojoba)

50 grams of castor oil (super shiny and thick)

1 gram of candilla wax (if using beeswax double this amount - I was going for vegan)

1.2 grams of Peppermint EO (I think I would up this to 1.5 for a bit more tingle :rolleyes2 )

Approx. 1 gram of natural Vita E (sorry about the approx., but as usual my Vita E just sorta plopped in)

Small toothpick touch of lip balm colorant if desired

Place your oils and waxes in a micro safe container and melt on 6 or 7 power (1100 watt micro) in short bursts until nearly melted. Watch closely and don't over heat. When nearly melted remove from micro and stir gently to mix and finish melting. Add your flavor and color and stir again. Pour into cooled pots or use a pippette for gloss tubes. You can place in fridge for more quick cooling to help prevent butter grains, but that's not a guarantee.

My daughter loves this and I must say it feels really good on the lips. I used to use the continued heating on low method to prevent butter grains, but have now converted to quick cooling.

Any way have fun!

Sorry took so long...I forgot I posted this! The recipe makes a bit over 3oz, so it would depend on the size of the pots or containers you use. I did a batch and used 1.9ml tubes (with flocked applicators) and got 6 of these from the recipe.