Rubber Tealight Mold Insert

Does anyone know where I can purchase these other than Candles and Supplies? They have that $10 minimum shipping and this is all I'm really needing. Has anyone come up with their own design...maybe something that can be made at home? :confused:

TIA

Arlene, are you making everlasting pillars?

If so what I do is put a ball of Play Doh in my tea light glass and stick it to the bottom of the mold. I seal the wick hole with plumbers putty and gorilla tape. Play Doh holds the glass in place while pouring the wax.

HTH

Sharyl...what a great idea. You're talking about the glass that you put the plastic tea light cup in, right? Oh shoot...mine are the rounded ones. It has to be straight sided...I'm guessing. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, the glass you put the plastic tea light cup in. I do it with the rounded ones and the straight sided ones. Works OK for me. I do have a tea light insert from Creative Gems but you have to get the little rod in the wick hole which can be a pain. Then I got a couple from whoever it is that bought out Creative Gems and they didn't even some with the little rod. They cost me $4 each. Couldn't figure out a way to keep them centered any better than the Play Duh. Be glad to sell them to you.

I got several of the insert plugs from Pourette right before they closed and they are useless as the hole for the screw was drilled off center. I tried one and can see that they will work well but I have to have my husband put it on his drill press and do new holes for me. Does anyone know of a supplier that makes the kind that Pourette made?

Scent Cellar...that off center hole would drive me nuts. I'm glad you mentioned it. I don't mind spending money on products that are well made but it really bugs me when they're not.

Sharyl...when you've used the rounded ones...are they in there permanently? I'm assuming that since they have that bulge half way up and taper a little at the top, they're not going to come out once they're in there. Am I seeing that in my mind correctly? I'm having a real "Duh" day.

Arlene, are you making everlasting pillars?

If so what I do is put a ball of Play Doh in my tea light glass and stick it to the bottom of the mold. I seal the wick hole with plumbers putty and gorilla tape. Play Doh holds the glass in place while pouring the wax.

HTH

Thank you so much for sharing this tip!!! I have some of the inserts but everytime I tried to make some candles the glass was always flipping over & up & it was pissin me off:angry2: I just tried your trick & it worked!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

PS did I say thank you!!!:P

Arlene, yes they are in there permanently. The wax flows around the bulge part of the glass and all you see is the opening. That is the type of glass I used in this everlasting pillar.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66180

I think you can see the tops.

Cathy you are welcome. It was driving me nuts too until I thought of the play duh.