using yogurt

idacandlelady

I only add yoghurt just before trace. Personally I think that yoghurt would be too thick to add as a water count. Maybe you could try watering it down, but then you would still have to treat it like you would milk when adding the lye.

I usually add 2-3 tblsp to a 6lb batch. Probably could try more, but thats all I have experiemented with.

HTH

Tracey

I use yogurt @ 1oz ppo. You only need a little to feel the difference. I love yogurt in soaps.

This is what I'm going to try then. Do you use real plain yogurt from the store? This is what I bought. And I guess you have to keep it cold, the soap I mean, after pouring, Like GM soap to keep from getting too hot? Or can you let it gel with out it overheating? Thanks for the input!

This is what I'm going to try then. Do you use real plain yogurt from the store? This is what I bought. And I guess you have to keep it cold, the soap I mean, after pouring, Like GM soap to keep from getting too hot? Or can you let it gel with out it overheating? Thanks for the input!

I'm a bit late back to this thread but...

Yes, regular yogurt from the store. I use plain yogurt, vanilla flavored yogurt (because this is what I eat), or soy milk based yogurt. I don't really take any kinds of precautions like I would for fresh goat milk (or any other fresh milk). I add the yogurt to my oils, whisk to blend then pour my lye water in... I've never had to watch it. I've never had overheating. Yogurt brings a smooth, silky, creamy feeling to the soap. It's very gentle (soothing) feeling to my dry, itchy skin.

hope this helps a little :)