Natural M&P Bases

JacquiO

Has anyone tried the the natural and CP bases from emporium naturals? What's your impression?

Is there anywhere else - preferably on the east cost - where one can find natural bases. I'm trying to get the closest look and feel to HP/CP soaps without having to play with lye.

Thanks,

J

From what I understand the SFIC bases are all natural, and many suppliers sell those such as Peak's. They don't contain any surfactants etc...I used to buy mine at Gourmet Rose on eBay and they are great. Just look at the ingredients. They sell a <<low sweat>> MP kind that is rock hard and feels much more like CP. It is less hydrating though so you could probably add a bit of Shea butter or something to it or maybe do half low sweat, half regular. They are not super drying or anything, just not really moisturizing (the low sweat bases).

I looked at the website and their Cold Process base is not a Melt and Pour, its just CP soap that you rebatch yourself and they give you instructions. Handmilled soaps look different than CP soaps, they are hard etc....but not <<smooth>>, also I personally have had horrible luck rebatching, I never could get it to work. Don't let that discourage you or anything but it's certainly not as easy as MP and I find rebatching even harder to do than CP. Several other suppliers sell soap to be rebatched, such as Bramble Berry. Theirs is really great, I couldn't rebatch it right but just as it was, cut up was very nice! LOL

I know what you mean about wanting to go natural, I do as well. I personally would do the low-sweat and then pour that in log molds and slice! :) Oh and a great tip, the low-sweat bases do not need to be wrapped up like regular MP, you can leave it out or just do super cute paper labels etc...to enhance the natural aspect.

Melany

Thanks for the info guys. That brambleberry site was great. I'm glad that it posted the rebatching instructions. I didn't really know what the process involved. It seems a bit tricky but I got my waiters rotary cheese grater on hand and I'm up for the challenge. Unfortunately the cp soap bases sounded good but pricey and from wa..waaa!!:cry2: Washington! Yuk!

At least annelees is on the East Coast. I may have to dip into the ol' pocket book and try hers. I also like the fact that she'll customize.

I still I'm gonna try emporiumnaturals as well. I'll probably try their's first.

What I'd really like to get my hand on is some SFIC low sweat white MP base. The only place I could find so far on the East coast is Southern soapers. And they won't have in stock until the end of March. Another big waaa!!! :cry2: