Mixing MP soaps

Jadryga

I want to get some SFIC bases from the co-op to play with! :yay:

Now, if I mix LS white with goat's milk, will I get something that will potentially sweat less? It's very humid here, so that's a concern for me.

Any input would be appreciated.

TIA!

Yeah I decided i'm not making mp soaps between april-sept because of the sweat factor. In nyc its super humid so i'm not even going to bother. I don't think however mixing any bases together will stop the sweating that is an air factor. Believe me I've been trying to figure out a way to stop that from happening and if anyone else has something let me know. Also just so you know, sfic has a low sweat cp like soap but for me that didn't work. It seemed to be drier but not better than regular mp soap(white/gm)

Yeah I decided i'm not making mp soaps between april-sept because of the sweat factor. In nyc its super humid so i'm not even going to bother. I don't think however mixing any bases together will stop the sweating that is an air factor. Believe me I've been trying to figure out a way to stop that from happening and if anyone else has something let me know. Also just so you know, sfic has a low sweat cp like soap but for me that didn't work. It seemed to be drier but not better than regular mp soap(white/gm)

Hey ladies:

I am across the bridge (or through the tunnel) from Pepperi in good ol' New Jersey and the summers are very humid here. My sfic soaps have "sweated" - I let them dry and as soon as they are set, I shrink wrap them. Of course when they have sat for a while, they do shrink a bit more, and I just hit them with the heat gun again.

I sold some soaps I made in Sept in Dec and didn't have any neg. feedback.

Hope this helps.

some folks put them under a fan too.

Hey ladies:

I am across the bridge (or through the tunnel) from Pepperi in good ol' New Jersey and the summers are very humid here. My sfic soaps have "sweated" - I let them dry and as soon as they are set, I shrink wrap them. Of course when they have sat for a while, they do shrink a bit more, and I just hit them with the heat gun again.

I sold some soaps I made in Sept in Dec and didn't have any neg. feedback.

Hope this helps.

some folks put them under a fan too.

Yeah I just remembered when I did make some mp in the summer time I would have the soaps set in my room with the ac on otherwise sweat city! A fan why didn't I think of that before! LOL

They will sometimes continue to sweat throughout their little lives depending on natural conditions. ;)

I hate the LS bases! :lipsrseal They are dry and icky feeling IMO.

I live in a fairly dry area, but we do sometimes get some humid days living in the valley and living only an hour or so from the coast, we get that ocean air pulled in ya know!

Therefore, sometimes my soaps sweat, sometimes they don't, they are very tempermental! LOL It's aggravating to be sure! :rolleyes:

I don't always shrink wrap mine, but I do make sure they are wrapped some how/way, cuz they are dust magnets, being a bit more "sticky" than CP/HP etc.

We've had this discussion before, and there are those who swear you don't have to wrap your soaps, but it just grosses me out to think about all the particles that are in the air, landing on my soaps, and then sending them out into the world, and then someone finding a stray "fuzz" on their soap or something, just freaks me out. LOL

As soon as my m&p soaps are set up, they are wrapped or at least covered until I can get them wrapped. ;)

I don't mind wrapping them, but I'm not too keen on shrink wrap... would rather use something paper-like, but that might not do too well if the soap keeps sweating... ah well, I guess I'll just have to experiment and see!

Are the LS bases really bad? :(

I don't mind wrapping them, but I'm not too keen on shrink wrap... would rather use something paper-like, but that might not do too well if the soap keeps sweating... ah well, I guess I'll just have to experiment and see!

Are the LS bases really bad? :(

I wouldn't say they are "bad", I just don't care for them (my opinion) compared to the other bases. They feel different after they are melted and set up. Almost chalky feeling and they seem to dry out-must have less glycerin in them?

I wouldn't say they are "bad", I just don't care for them (my opinion) compared to the other bases. They feel different after they are melted and set up. Almost chalky feeling and they seem to dry out-must have less glycerin in them?

Which probably explains the "low sweat".. ah well, can't have your cake and eat it too, I guess :( well, best thing to do is get the bases and experiment, I should think! Was thinking half and half LS and goat's milk/shea, but maybe I'll try 1:3 LS and goat's milk/shea too and see.

I let my soap sit out for a couple of days before I wrap them in plastic wrap. I don't generally use shrink wrap because I noticed that my shrink wrap smelled after heating it. I'm afraid that my soap would smell too.

If it's humid out, I'll put my soaps between 2 paper towels before setting them in front of a fan.