Votives using Ecosoya PB

I am making votives with my ecoasoya PB wax. I am using 1oz of fo per lb of wax and coloring them.I had 2 questions 1 is how long do they have to cure before I can burn them? I have read anywere from 48 hours to 2 weeks. So how long do they really need to cure. Also I am using a LX 14 to test burn one. What wicks do all of you use with your votives. Any help woud be appricated. Thanks Regina :D

Hi Regina! You are pretty safe in waiting at least 48 hours after pouring to burn candles; however, some scents continue to cure and age in the wax for quite some time (patchouli and wisteria are a couple), and actually smell better when aged for a month or more. Most candles are ready after a couple of days. For most soy candles we make, I leave 'em alone for a week. Usually it takes that long for me to get back around to testing anyway. ;) For orders, candles do not leave my home before they are a week old. This gives them PLENTY of time to "cure," for the wax crystals to harden, and for any frosting problems to show up. They could possibly go sooner, but I would rather sit on them for a week than have people come back with complaints (or even worse, bitch behind my back!).

I use CDNs in all of my candles except votives (which is simply because I cannot purchase small quantities of those wicks easily). For votives, I am currently using CD 5-7, depending on the size of the votive and the FO used.

Hi Stella thanks for the helpful info. I was thinking about a week also. So I will wait 4 more days (they've been sitting 3 allready) Then pop a wick in and test them. Right now I am using becky's Ultamate Vanilla from JS. I also have some chocoate Cherry cola (my own mix) waiting for me to test. I also have a sampe pack of CD wicks I will try. Like they say test test test. Regina :D