Golden Brands to make Pillars

I am new to candlemaking and started out with GB 444 container wax. I really like this wax and candle making.

I'm wanting to make pillars and just ordered GB 416 & 474. I found a couple places that state 474 can be used for pillars but I want to be sure and safe! Can either 416 or 474 be used for pillars or do you think I could try blending them w/another wax and/or adding stearic in order to make pillars/freestanding candles?

Thank you for your help!

Kathy

I found a couple places that state 474 can be used for pillars but I want to be sure and safe!

I am not familiar with this wax, but if folks here have used it, it might be worth your while to test it. Testing is a lot of work, but to me it's fun to see for myself what works for me and what doesn't. :)

I am new to candlemaking and started out with GB 444 container wax. I really like this wax and candle making.

I'm wanting to make pillars and just ordered GB 416 & 474. I found a couple places that state 474 can be used for pillars but I want to be sure and safe! Can either 416 or 474 be used for pillars or do you think I could try blending them w/another wax and/or adding stearic in order to make pillars/freestanding candles?

Thank you for your help!

Kathy

I made my first batch of votives (3 oz. Dixie cups) yesterday with GB 474. When I unmolded, they literally slid effortlessly out of the mold and have a beautiful creamy smooth texture! I love this wax! I used straight 474 to test. I will let you know more when I add FO and color. There was no need for re-pour on all but one and that was one I deliberately left unwicked. I'm going to try my boyfriend's drill press for ease of wicking and will let you know how that turns out. I'm going to work on a recipe to try this wax for pillars. I think this can be accomplished with some work and experimenting...will keep you posted.