Body Butter/Sugar Scrubs

ladysj

I have a recipe for a foaming sugar scrub. It calls for cocoa butter and has slsa. I made it up and it's really thicker than what I'm looking for. I was wondering if I couldn't take just my basic body butter recipe and add slsa to make it foaming. Just kind of thinking out loud here.

I really love the body butter recipe I'm using and would love to be able to make it a foaming body butter type. The foaming sugar scrub receipe is nice I'm just wanting it creamier, less stiff like a body butter.

Or on the recipe I have I'm thinking I could sub cocoa butter for a softer butter and lower the ewax to get a creamier, softer scrub. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Try them both out and see. ;) That's your best bet.

I think you're definitely on the right track though. Yep, swapping out at least some of the cocoa butter for a softer butter would help loosen it up.

I'm always changing up my sugar scrub a bit, trying different oil/butter combinations, etc. It's fun! :)

The one thing I haven't done is add SLSA to it. I just don't get the "foaming" part. I like the idea of cleansing my body with soap and then using the scrub as an exfolient and moisturizer.

I guess I just can't get passed the idea that SLSA is supposed to be kinda drying, so that would seem to me to defeat the purpose of all the skin moisturizing oils/butters. KWIM?

I guess another experiment is coming my way. I'll just have to try it out and see for myself! LOL

Let me know what you do/decide. :)

Maybe you could try some of the coconut based foaming agents instead of the slsa? I was looking for something that bubbles instead of slsa and found a couple of types (one called noodles) on Angie's ??? website. The name of the site escapes me now, but I know they are based down south somewhere. I'll see if I can find the site and come back to post it.

I made some foaming bath butter tonight, from a base i got from The Chemistry Store. Love this stuff.

Question?

How do you know how long to whip this with the mixer for a thicker creamier look and feel.

I made 3 different flavors and each one came out different. I had to put it back in the bowl and more base to get it to weigh out right.