DIYestores

I have not tried DIYestores but I really suggest HandcraftMarket. They have been great and you can do some amazing things with their cart. You can also find templates as well as have them made for very small amounts..$30. Check out my site, southern-scents.com . I got my template custom design for $30.00. They have great rates for hosting, 15 a month.

Anyone done business w/them? What is your experience with them....good and/or bad. I'm considering switching cus their fees to host are lower. Also, do they send a reminder when your year is up or do they just cancel you?

I used them and yes they do send out reminders. I am on my second year with them and very happy. HTH

I have used DIY as well as the aforementioned HCM. I am currently with Designer 218.

If you're looking for a templated site, Deigner 218 is head and shoulders above DIY and HCM. The customer service with DIY is acceptable, but even after streamlining my site as much as humanly possible, the lag time in opening and going from page to page was unacceptable to me. That's the reason I left them. The reason I left HCM was because she took my site down without warning, simply because she could. Anger has no place in the business world, or at least it shouldn't.

Designer 218 offers a very easy template and the customer service is unequaled. I think you could say the 3rd time is the charm, lol. Working on my 218 site is a pleasure, and I finally have my site the way I want it. Of course it will never be finished, simply because I'm a FO ho, but I can honestly say working on it is fun, easy, and any help you could possibly need is a quick email away.

I have used DIY as well as the aforementioned HCM. I am currently with Designer 218.

If you're looking for a templated site, Deigner 218 is head and shoulders above DIY and HCM. The customer service with DIY is acceptable, but even after streamlining my site as much as humanly possible, the lag time in opening and going from page to page was unacceptable to me. That's the reason I left them. The reason I left HCM was because she took my site down without warning, simply because she could. Anger has no place in the business world, or at least it shouldn't.

Designer 218 offers a very easy template and the customer service is unequaled. I think you could say the 3rd time is the charm, lol. Working on my 218 site is a pleasure, and I finally have my site the way I want it. Of course it will never be finished, simply because I'm a FO ho, but I can honestly say working on it is fun, easy, and any help you could possibly need is a quick email away.

Sliver,

I love your site, very cute, is that your dog shar pei on the main page?

So cute! I used to have an all black one, he's gone over the doggy rainbow, sure miss him. Again, Very nice Site!!!

Meg

I was hosting with WAHMShoppes, but it was so confusing to set up, that I switched to using SimplyShoppes. Lara is great to work with, and the hosting cost $15.00 per month.

Their program is very easy to learn.:yay:

here is just a few threads that came up when I did a search. You will see other options in addition to DIYestores:

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44030&highlight=DIYestores

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43607&highlight=DIYestores

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46935&highlight=DIYestores

There are a ton of threads that came up, so you might want to weed through all of them.

I personally use VodaHost, I paid for a year and got it for $7.95USD a month and free domain registration.

I don't have experience with anyone else because I wanted to go for price and uptime of 99.97%, but they do have BlueVoda and SoHo for an eCommerce site. There are free templates in both programs.

I personally use them as a host and set up OsCommerce because not only is that program free as well, but has a million mods (like coupons group and individual, gift certificates, special international pricing, all the mods to add in all the shipping options, counters, internal trackers, etc. all for free).

I've been with DIYEStores for 2 years and just paid for another whole year. Have had NO trouble with them and can highly recommend them Carole

Are they still having lag problems, bug? Your site might not have been on the problem server. There were a lot of complaints on their forum and they finally took a server completely down to try to isolate the problem. This was, unfortunately, just before the big holiday sales rush. Apparently they have something like 7 servers and only one had a problem. And wouldn't ya know, my site was on that one. I had hinted around about slowness a couple of times before they took the server down, but passing the buck seemed to be the norm. By the time they finally decided to accept responsibility and do something about it, I had already started my temp site with 218, and was ready to move. When they got a host of complaints, public complaints on their forum, they should have acted a bit sooner, imo.

But no matter. By then, I had optimized all my photos, etc, and that was all stuff I needed to do anyway. The lag time simply forced me to get off my rear and do it. When that didn't help, I was as good as outta there.

Yes, Meg, that was my Chancie. He is at the bridge, romping with your dog, no doubt. Thanks for the compliment. Working on my site is very pleasurable. Maybe one day, it will be finished. :)

i agree with SilverOfWax designer218 is the best i'm with them also.Their a pleasure to work with fast and are tops in my book.I've tried about 3 other companies none compares to designer218 at all.They are a good investment to go with thats for sure you won't be disappointed!

i agree with SilverOfWax designer218 is the best i'm with them also.Their a pleasure to work with fast and are tops in my book.I've tried about 3 other companies none compares to designer218 at all.They are a good investment to go with thats for sure you won't be disappointed!

It's funny you replied lol cus I was just on your site while looking at theirs and their current customer base. I like how your's is set up.

I have been with DIY, DJDoodles, and HCM. I am now with D218, since Feb. 07. I have nothing bad to say about any of the 1st two companies...well....nothing I can say publicly...lol...but HCM and D218 are wonderful.

With D218...I have never ever ever ever had my site go down...and I own 2 sites. Plus the speed is AWESOME!!!

Running a online business is like having a store front...if it is closed, or down...your customers cannot shop. Not only does it not look good...but I as a consumer would never go to a store if it was closed all the time...

So my vote is D218....hands down the bestest. HCM is awesome too...can't go wrong with either!:yay:

I inquired about Designer218 services a while back and was quite impressed with the speedy response I received and the helpful customer service.

Unfortunately, for anyone who is interested in them, I see that they are not accepting new clients at this time.

I started with DIY until I found that I could get the exact same thing (Feature Cart) including all the extras that you pay nicely for on DIY for $7/month on wahmshoppes. So I switched and have been happy ever since.

I say shop around. Especially with all the ones that everyone here is telling you about and then make an informed decision :) Don't just look at one and take it because sure enough you will find one at a better price and that you like more then.

Angi

I inquired about Designer218 services a while back and was quite impressed with the speedy response I received and the helpful customer service.

Unfortunately, for anyone who is interested in them, I see that they are not accepting new clients at this time.

Someone I know is communicating with her about signing up, so she's definitely taking new clients. Maybe she wasn't over the holidays.

I guess I've been stricken blind. I don't see any message about not taking new clients. But I haven't looked that hard since I already have 2 sites with her and don't need another.

I did my routine computer maintenance today and cleared out all the old stuff so maybe that's why I don't see it.

It has nothing to do with bad business...something tragic has happened in her life and she can not take new sign ups at this time. Please try and understand...she is an amazing girl, and an amazing business woman...she is one of my closest friends. To say it is bad business is COMPLETELY wrong.

Thank you for your understanding!

If that's the case, I guess it's bad business on her part to leave a message up on her site that says she isn't. It's costing her customers.