decal paper

I did rub-on decals w/ full color on an ink-jet printer. I really wanted to use these, but found them to be a major pita. I think I ruined more labels than I could use! I kept wrinkling the paper when I added the sticky sheet. Also, I had to seal the decals w/ either acrylic or varnish, or they would smudge. Spraying them 1st created a prob rubbing them on, but spraying them after hit the glass. Then, most of my logo appeared too light on the decal & didn't show up well enough, especially against dark colors. Too many probs & way too time consuming, so I gave up & went w/ regular white stickers. Water slide decals sounded even harder.

Good luck - Susan.

You can use any color except white. I found doing small images works better. I had problems handling larger images - always got wrinkles. For your application it should work fine. I print the entire page with my images, spray 2 or 3 time with the Krylon, apply and spray again. Pretty much followed the instructions from their web site.

Thanks for all the info. I am doing these on pillars not the glass candles. I did find some rub ons at Michael's and was wondering if I could use some of them also. When I do the candle I will try and post a picture which has been such a long time since I posted anything.:sad2:

I don't think you'll have much luck applying a rub-on decal directly to wax -- it takes a fair amount of pressure to rub them out. Here's an idea: cut a pretty paper band to wrap around the pillar & connect the seam w/ a sticker or wax seal -- you could even add a hanging tag label from the wax seal. Looking forward to seeing a pic of what you come up with!

Susan.