Searching for a Font site

prairieannie

I got a new computer for Christmas and haven't transferred all of my old files yet.. As a result, I'm missing lots of my fonts and there is one site in particular where I got tons of them. I've given this site out many times before but for the life of me I can't remember the url. It's a fonts for kids site and that's all I can remember. Anyone have kid font sites they might share in case it might be the same? I'd appreciate anything you can toss my way. Thank you~

PA

PA Sorry to disappoint you but that site hasn't been available for awhile now. I am not sure why. I have it bookmarked and it does not come up. It says Page Not Found and then tried to go to the regular site. It still doesn't work.:o

Chauna

Well, if we're talking about the same site then that's a bummer. Thanks for the info.

YUP! That was it! DAMN! Oh well, thank you for letting me know. I had just about every one of those stinkin fonts on my computer lol.. and I've got them still, I just need to transfer files from my old hard drive to the new one but thought re-downloading the one or two that I needed now would be simpler. I found them somewhere else for now, but thanks for the offer Chauna! I appreciate it! :)

Since we are talking about fonts, maybe someone can help me. I had someone design up some graphics for my website. I have a website but am redesigning it. Anyway, she also sent me the font she used and said I could download it to windows and put it in the paint program that I would need whenever I wanted to change my text. Does anyone know anything about this or how to do it? I'm not familiar with it and I tried. All I can get is the font file to open and show me examples of what the font looks like. I can't incorporate it into paint like I want nor figure out how to get it into my computer. If anyone can help, please let me know. You can PM me. Thanks.

To install a font on your computer:

First make sure the font is unzipped. If it came in a zipped file, unzip it and remember where you save it. I recommend the desk top so you can drag and drop.

Secondly, open up your control panel in Windows and find the file named FONTS. Open it.

Find the unzipped font file and drag it from where it is to the FONTS file. The unzipped file will normally have two Blue T's on it. This means it's a True type font. Most fonts are, there are a few with a O on them and other letters, and some may not work, but your computer will tell you that when you try to drag it to the Fonts file if it's not going to accept it.

It should give you a super quick install message and TaDa, you're done. Now you should be able to see it in Paint or any other program that you use on your computer.