50/50 mix

I use Farm House's blend because I can pick it up from Sherri. I used to use Candles & Supplie's blend but had too many inconsistencies and poor customer service. I don't know of any suppliers out west, sorry, but this is a nice wax (price just went up too).

I use the KY 50/50 and so far so good...have not had an issue yet with the wax or customer service and I believe the price is less then Farmhouse...hth

I am also testing the KY 50/50, and am having good results so far. The price and shipping are easier on my wallet compared to Farmhouse w/ the price increase (I have to have them both shipped, unfortunately...) although I used Farmhouse's for a while and had great results with it.

With Farmhouse I used CD wicks, but these seem too hot for the KY so I am using zincs at lsbennis' rec. I have to say it burns VERY cleanly, which is nice, even though you can get huge 'shrooms w/ extra long burns...I am trying to cut back on FO load to see if it might help with the 'shrooms... but the throw has been very good!

Still none out west.:cry2: But, just wondering on the Ky, is that the perfect blend or the improved perfect blend or something else? I can't find anything to give ratios, so not sure. I have used a few things from KY and do like them. Still, I'm afreaid shipping is going to become an even bigger problem as fuel cost continue to rise. Beth

I am also testing the KY 50/50, and am having good results so far. The price and shipping are easier on my wallet compared to Farmhouse w/ the price increase (I have to have them both shipped, unfortunately...) although I used Farmhouse's for a while and had great results with it.

Sharon...have you tested the CBL130 from Candlewic? $54. + change for a case. Since you live in SE PA you could probably pick up and save shipping charges.

I've been using the old version of PB from KY for several years and this last batch (4 cases) has been a real PITA. I've always blended it with a small % of 50/50 and it had produced a great looking candle.

I finally decided to order a slab of CBL130..since I used to pour their CBL129 and loved it. Anyway...the limited amount of testing I've been able to do has me 99.9% sold on it. I did a blend using 70% CBL130 and 30% PB since I have to use the rest of this wax. Great looking candle with a great cold and hot throw. I'm adding the Madison jars and succesfully wicked FH's Snowy Pine with a 62C.

I had ordered a few cases of JS's 50/50 wax and liked it at first. But then I started getting a lot of soot in my testers so decided to use it for blends only.

Now that the Christmas rush is over I'll be able to get some serious testing done with the CBL130.

BTW...I'm in the Harrisburg area.

Maggie

Hi Maggie. Is the CBL129 all paraffin? Just wondered why you quit using it. I see a CBL125 and the CBL 130. Candlewic told me the 130 is about 50/50. Not sure about the others. I wondered about their soy waxes, also. Not to much info on the site. I thought 4-5% FO load for the Soy 125 seemed a bit low. Does anyone know the difference between the Soy 125 and Soy 120? Apparently they are not C3. I have a basement full of wax (mostly 100% soy)and none that I can truly say I love despite testing and playing with them for 3 years. Ordering a 10-11 lb amount costs in shipping usually at least the cost of the wax. So I am reluctant to order more unless it sounds extremely promising. The C3 I just tried, had the black sooty goop in the wax even though not over wicked so am leery of more of it...can't find the post about that and how to cure it if included. Wanted to stay with soy, but think now the 50/50 may be the way to go. Any info on these Candlewic waxes would be appreciated. Thanks. Beth

Sharon...have you tested the CBL130 from Candlewic? $54. + change for a case. Since you live in SE PA you could probably pick up and save shipping charges.

I've been using the old version of PB from KY for several years and this last batch (4 cases) has been a real PITA. I've always blended it with a small % of 50/50 and it had produced a great looking candle.

I finally decided to order a slab of CBL130..since I used to pour their CBL129 and loved it. Anyway...the limited amount of testing I've been able to do has me 99.9% sold on it. I did a blend using 70% CBL130 and 30% PB since I have to use the rest of this wax. Great looking candle with a great cold and hot throw. I'm adding the Madison jars and succesfully wicked FH's Snowy Pine with a 62C.

I had ordered a few cases of JS's 50/50 wax and liked it at first. But then I started getting a lot of soot in my testers so decided to use it for blends only.

Now that the Christmas rush is over I'll be able to get some serious testing done with the CBL130.

BTW...I'm in the Harrisburg area.

Maggie

Hi Maggie, I did get a few lbs. of the CBL 130 from a fellow CT-er, a while back, but didn't get good results. I was using the CD wicks, maybe that's why. Believe it or not, it is cheaper for me to get the Para/soy from KY. Candlewic is not that close to me. I could try and get my husband to make the trip if his business takes him that way, but other than that, it's a pretty long drive for us.

I am glad you are doing well so far w/ it! Happy testing! :D