Pie Candles

Hi all!!

Needing a little help. I am getting ready to venture in to the world of pie candles. I have been doing a lot of research and my brain is fried!!! I have seen so many great pictures on this site I thought some of you would like to share where you purchase your items. I have looked at over 20 sites and I just don't know who to order from. So I guess my question is for those of you who make bakery style candles where do you do most of your ordering from. I see a lot of places have all the embeds and the things I need, but no gel wax. I would like to order from the same place if that's possible. Any advice would be helpful!!!!:grin2:

That's tough, mostly because I make most of my embeds :). If you find yourself making many pies, you'll end up getting off much cheaper if you buy the molds and make the embeds yourself. Many of the sites charge $5.99 for 50 embeds, which can be used up in just a few pies. For $5.99 you could make a couple of lbs of embeds yourself!

With that said, I like http://candlesbathandpotpourri.com/

She has a huge variety, ships quickly, and the items smell like they're supposed to.

There are many many embed makers, so I'm sure other people here will pipe in with sites they've had good luck using.

It took quite a while to get all the molds I needed, but over a span of about a year I purchased all the ones I'd need for virtually any pie or cake.

Scottscrew is a good place to get embed molds at a very good price, as is http://www.flexiblemolds.com/cinnamon_bunsrolls.htm. I've purchased a dozen or so molds from each site and have had great luck with them so far.

DanaE