Advertising recommedations needed.......

Grazia

Hello All.....

I've been wanting to do a little more advertising on the web, but my funds are still very limited (sticky divorce situation). Anyway, I'm currently listed on Candlefind.com and 100 Top Tart and Candle Sites and getting listed with Kellysearch. I was wondering if any of you advertise on Dmoz.com, Alibaba.com or if you've created a space for your company on Myspace.com, as well as similar places. I would appreciate your feedback as well as any additional ideas where to advertise that's reasonable with good results.

I've been approached by FGMarkets several times, but have heard negative things and I was previously with Greatrep.com but wasn't happy with the quality of inquiries.

Does anyone know anything about Far Countries? Also, does anyone list with sites like Gifts.com which I believe is pay per click, as well as advertise using Google's pay per click adwords?

Also, do any of you belong to webrings, do joint venturing or focus on reciprocal linking your site for those of you that have one? If so, I would appreciate feedback on your results from doing so.

Sorry for so many questions! I really appreciate your ideas, help and feedback as I'm trying to figure out the best places and ways to advertise for my dollar and where and with whom I should focus my time, so as not to waste either.

Thanks a bunch and hope you all are well.............

Ciao,

Grazia ;)

I find these days I am doing more and more advertising offline. I did though recently set up a blog that amazingly is getting some traffic and it's only been up a little over a week. I am also on flickr and a couple of blog catalogs. I am sticking with the offline advertising because I think it will ultimatley get me the exposure and brand recognition I am looking for.

I have a website and have it submitted monthly to search engines (by someone other than me--who knows what they are doing! LOL) I have tried FGMarket with hits, but not many and no sales from this site. I have also tried "sample" companies (where you send samples and they send out with other samples to potential customers.) It seems to me that the only ones making money on this was the listing enterprises.

I have found that many of my hits come from web searches and from links on other sites. I have traded links with other companies similar and different to my products. Also printing your website addy on ALL of your printed documentation, letters, etc.

Offline I have tried big ads in the phone books, newspapers, phone book covers, etc. The best response I have ever received was from word of mouth advertising and from my snail mail and email newsletters.

HTH. Good luck.