Questions on rustics/wicks

Mornin' guys.

Made a deep purple Love Spell rustic. Poured it at 135*, used 1218 with two tablespoons of U.A. The cold throw is awesome, but I'm a little puzzled. I got the rustic look, the frosting was damn near perfect. The thing is though, from about an inch down from the top to the bottom of the candle, it was almost glazed. I could still see the jump lines and the frosting, but it was smooth. The only thing I can think of is the U.A., has anybody else come across this issue and what did I do to goof this? I DID chill the mold this time in the fridge for twenty minutes while the wax was melting, then I took it out and let the temp come up slowly while I added the dye and FO.

The other thing is I've been testing the Spiced Cranberry this weekend and I wanted to know if anyone else has had to wick up with this scent. Current wick is 44-24-18z, wax is 1218, two tablespoons U.A. For a four hour burn, I should have gotten the 3 inch melt pool and then had it begin to consume itself, but the overall size of the melt pool MIGHT be two inches, maybe less. All the other scents that I'm testing has that same size wick and I'm not having an issue at all, I'm getting great melt pools and the hot throws are fabulous. Has anyone else had to wick up or is this just me?

Thanks guys

CK