Clay beads in M&P

TheQueen

Hey, all you great soapers here at CT--I don't do CP soap at my house because of our two little kittybabies and no kitchen door. So I have chosen to do M&P. I have some lovely colored clay beads and would like to add them to the M&P. I tried it last weekend and while the color was great and everything, the beads naturally sank to the "top" of the soap. Do I need to add them perhaps after pouring into the mold and letting it set up a little bit, then stir like crazy?

Hi! You can do that but I personally just gently stir my soap in the pot non stop until it's thickened and cool enough that everything is suspended nicely in the soap. It takes a bit of practice for sure. If I don't keep stirring then I get big clumps of soap from the skin that formed or I toss the skin and lose soap so it's best just to be patient and pour only once the MP is thickened....I made some green glay MP just now and must have stirred for 10-15mins and poured when it felt like gravy. :) HTH!

Melany