Fundraiser Questions?

I have someone interested in a fundraiser and I have a couple questions for some that have done this before. I did get the forms from candle cauldron.

I have decided to offer only a 16oz mason jar. I normally sell these for 8.00 each. So I can let them have them for 7.00 each and they can sell them for 10.00 each.

It is a girl scout troop. There are 15 girls. I would like to do this since it is a small group and I can learn before I try and take on a larger group.

What % do most of you give them?

Do you bag each customers order seperate for the children?

If so, do you suggest a kraft paper bag or the thank you type?

What do you usually print the order forms for them to take orders on?

Do you give each child one candle to take to show that size and quality of the candle they will be receiving?

Any other comments would be greatly appreciated.

TIA....Amy

I started small with my son's drama class. Good way to get a feel for it without getting in over your head!

I went with the percentages on the form - they get 40%. So on your $10.00 candle (and that sounds like a low price to me) they would get $4, you get $6.

I did not bag each order, but did supply white Thank You t-shirt bags (huge box from Sam's, cheap). Since they turn in the summary, not the actual orders, I estimated how many bags would be needed and threw them in one of the boxes.

I printed the order from on heavy bright white paper. On the back I printed my name and theirs and a picture of the candles and a scent description. When it was done, I folded in half with names and pix on the front, scent description on the back and the order form on the inside.

HTH and good luck!