Labels For My Palm Votives

Tryppnotic

I have to agree.. it doesnt capture me at all.. but that is "me" - If I were looking for candles, and came across the website I would click out of it without looking. I look at the website and try to figure out what it is you're trying to promote - I do not "know" that I have come to a candle site - the webtopper is what captures the attention, I would leave and not look any further at the site. Same thing with the labels. However, as I said that is me, I am not into sci-fi... but even so, it just doesnt seem to pull together and doesnt blend well.... none the less.. maybe you will have success with the clientel you are going after. I am truly not trying to be rude, you asked for honest opinions, that is how I would react.

One of the first rules of business is to know who your customer will be.

I'm not into Sci-fi except for the old black and white movies. I love them and the lamer the better. Anyway, since you are into Sci-fi and a lot younger than I am, I assume you know your customers a whole lot better than I would. In my opinion though, the Sci-fi and Anime just doesn't go together well. It's sort of like putting a photograph and clipart in the same catagory. Two totally different looks.

Maybe you could have two sites to appeal to two different types of customers. Same product, different label. Even have a link on each site to the other one.

Your product is different (in a good way) and I'm sure you know who your market will be geared toward. I'm guessing the teen to twentys. I'd make two totally different sites/labels and go after both of them!

I do agree with you that there is room for victorian, prim, classic, punk, goth and Sci-fi in the candle world. :D

Well, I like it. I do think the candle needs a wick though. I am not into sci-fi or annime, but I definitley think it will appeal to that crowd. I, personally, can't stand country or prim and a lot of the times if I am browsing sites and come across a country candle website (and there are A LOT of them!!) I will click right out of it. It's not my thing. Likewise, some people may click right out of yours too but that's okay. You have found a great niche and I say go with it!! You know the sci-fi market very well, YOU know what looks good and what doesn't...go with what you like. Or find some sci-fi friends to critique it :wink2: . I don't think a header on a website is going to "make or break " your business though. It's just a header. I've seen you post other things you make and they are just so creative and imaginative that I think that's what is going to draw people into your website.

Anyway, good luck and keep those creative juices flowing!

I don't think a header on a website is going to "make or break " your business though.

I agree. Although the look of a website does help sales for sure, I don't believe it will have too much of an effect on my business. I will take all suggestions seriously and continue tweaking of course. I think by this time next week, I should have products on the site, so everyone can see.

Also, no hard feelings Scented. Sometimes I take things people say to heart a little too much. I have spent a very long time building "the perfect candle" to my specs and it came pretty easy to me, but this site has been the most PITA. So apologies accepted and you have my apologies as well.