EcoSoya Pillar Blend VS 474

Hello! Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction lol...alright i was using v-1 for my tarts....now i am switching....i was gonna go with 474 but i am thinking ecosoya pillar too cant make up my mind ...so lol what do you like?! I need to place a order asap too LOL! I appreciate any help :D

I've been using Ecosoya PB for over 3 years and just recently tried the GB474. I'll be sticking with the Ecosoya.

I got major frosting, sink holes and rough tops with the 474 in every single votive I poured, not all exhibited every problem but each one had 1 or more. I poured 4 testers each in 4 different scents and varied all the elements for each, still didn't get a decent looking candle. I'm sure that others have had great success with the 474 but I'm not one of them.

JMO

• 1 month later...
Hello! Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction lol...alright i was using v-1 for my tarts....now i am switching....i was gonna go with 474 but i am thinking ecosoya pillar too cant make up my mind ...so lol what do you like?! I need to place a order asap too LOL! I appreciate any help :D

I made my first batch of votives yesterday with GB 474. When I unmolded, they literally slid effortlessly out of the mold and have a beautiful creamy smooth texture! I love this wax! I used straight 474 to test. I will let you know more when I add FO and color. There was no need for re-pour on all but one and that was one I deliberately left unwicked. I'm going to try my boyfriend's drill press for ease of wicking and will let you know how that turns out.

Did any of you find that with the PB that with larger pillars, as the candle burned it would sometimes split down the side? I'm not sure whether perhaps I was not making them correctly, but I could not seem to get a decent candle that didn't split and spill the wax pool out the side. Very frustrating.