Different color FO's but same Aroma & Supplier???

Judy, USMC

Ordered bunch of oils which included 2# of one of the aromas.

Received one and the other was back ordered. Got the second one today and there's a dramatic difference in the color! The first one was a deep amber and the second one is extremely light amber. I can't tell if there is a difference in the OOB smell between the two of them.

Does oil grow darker with age? Anybody have an explanation?

Judy, I don't have a real answer other then that is not uncommon. Has nothing to do with age, has to do with the manufacturing. I don't know for sure, but they must do or use something a little different that produces a different color. My new drum of coffee scent is lighter then normal and I sometimes get em come in darker or a different color. I ran into this when I bought from suppliers when I use to have time make candles and B&B. I will ask tho and see if I can't get you the full expanation :D I wouldn't be concerned at all unless the color causes you unanticipated problems.

Different color but same aroma also has to do with the raw materials..at least in some of the batches I have received from my manufacturer. I've had 2 oils come in with different colors but same scent...they both had to do with the sweet orange batches that the manufacturer received in. As it was explained to me...the batches change due to crops. Winter crops of Sweet Orange EO occasionally comes in red and will change the color where summer crops come in a lighter amber color. Also the degrees in which they add the different raw materials also has to do with the lighter or darker colors at times in the batches. With vanillas...I have noticed that if they overheat the vanilla, it comes in dark.

I hope this explains it a little better also. I can't speak for other suppliers as what I have shared is how it has been explained to me but I hope this information helps a little.

Kim

Fragrance Oil Heaven

WOW.

Never in a million years did I ever expect for you suppliers to chime in - Thanks!!!! Those answers/explanations have calmed my fears.

Rather than contacting the supplier I'll throw it in some wax and make sure the aroma has stayed the same.