Patchouli Orange & Mint

Meridith

I made this other day and was going for 3 layers. The bottom layer is 2lbs of oils and was SUPPOSED to be white with burgundy swirls scented with straight patchouli. It is actually white although it looks pink in this picture. But, what happened to my burgundy? It disappeared. :mad: Grrrr. I took some of my select shades and put a few drops of purple violet and marmalade on the top of this layer and then swirled it in with a wood skewer. Its the pink you can see in the middle. The second layer is just 1lb of oils and colored electric kiwi and scented with patchouli and orange. Then the 3rd layer - another 2lbs batch is scented with mint and swirled with aqua marine. When I make layered soaps, I make each layer with one batch at a time. By the time I'm usually ready to pour another layer, the previous layer has set up enough. But when I went to pour my mint layer on top of the patchouli orange layer, the PO layer had not set up so these two layers ending up blending together. The jury is still out on if I like the look of this soap or not but it does smell divine!

In one of the soaps on the mint layer part, DH and I can see a labrador dog, a cow, a ghost and the Virgin Mary I kid you not!!! LOL I'm not sure if my camera is good enough to show it on here though.

post-121-139458437277_thumb.jpg

Girl, those may not have come out like you wanted them too, but I really, really, really like them. The bright, vivid color with the soft swirls -- I am really digging the contrast between the "layers." It's almost like like how you can "bleed" magic markers (and I've always liked that effect). :thumbsup:

Well here's the deal ... they are a total screw up. Send me the entire batch and try again :D:laugh2:

That sounds like such a killer combo and I wish I could see things in the soap (as I love to look for that stuff LOL!) I'm so bug-eyed tired I'm afraid of what I'd see :D

I so would be your stalker if I lived closer :embarasse

Well here's the deal ... they are a total screw up. Send me the entire batch and try again :D:laugh2:

That sounds like such a killer combo and I wish I could see things in the soap (as I love to look for that stuff LOL!) I'm so bug-eyed tired I'm afraid of what I'd see :D

I so would be your stalker if I lived closer :embarasse

Oh Scented, you just crack me up. My DD came to the shop yesterday and I showed her the soap with the pictures in it and she was like, "OMG Mom, you HAVE to put that on E-bay!!" The picture of the Virgin Mary seems to stand out more and more every day. I swear it is freaking me out! LOL I'll have to see if I can get a good enough picture of it to post to see if you all see it too. My camera is just a cheap digital so getting those types of details can be tough but I will give it a try. Everyone I've showed it too sees it as well, which is a good thing or else I might just be thinking those youthful years were coming back to haunt to me. lol