accepting credit cards for fundraiser?

How do you accept credit cards for fundraisers? I have not room to put it on the brochures, can i just print out silps that i made up on my own for them to sign? I have seen business that take fax orders just have it at the bottom of their order form. You just fill in the info and write you credit card number, expiration date, address, and sign. Can i do that?

It depends on how you run the fundraiser...is the checks/cash going to you and then you send money to the organization? Or do they pay the group who in turn pays you? If they are paying you directly, which is sounds like they are, have them fill out a separate sales slip with the name, address, phone number, card number, exp date, name on card, signature, and run it when they are turned in. It's such a pain...would you lose business if you didn't accept credit cards for a fundraiser?

Yes, that are going to pay me first. I have to call the cards in after craft fairs anyways. I only have the manual credit card machine, so it does not seem that much extra to me. So i can make a seprate credit card slip. I don't know if i would lose business but i know accepting credit cards has helped me at craft fairs and people have bought more becuase i take credit cards.

Thanks

Credit card fees will eat into your profits. This is a dangerous time of year to take manual credit card orders since people will be out shopping for the holidays, and it could be easy for them to max out their cards before you submit your totals.

If it were me I wouldn't do it. I haven't paid attention, is it common to take credit cards for fundraisers now?