Low smoke wicks from WSP ?

I use these....a lot. They smoke less, but still mushroom. I can't remember what the mushrooming looked like on the regular zinc, but I get the impression that these don't mushroom as much.

I've found that if it says it's comparable to a 51Z, it's actually hotter; more like between a 51Z and 60Z. So if you use a 51Z normally, you could probably still use it's equivalent, a low smoke 21, but I'd try a low smoke 23 also (one size down) to see if it'll work. I use a low smoke 19 in my mottled/rustic pillars, and a low smoke 17 in my OK6228 pillars. When I used 1274 mottling wax I used a low smoke 21 and it was absolutely perfect. Unfortunately I can't afford the shipping on that wax, and had to go with a mottling wax from a supplier that is closer to me.

I'd highly recommend buying a sample pack of them. That's how I started, and found that they didn't seem to have a wick small enough for a votive. Even their smallest size was too hot. They've added a couple of sizes since then, so they may have something. I know they didn't have low smoke 15's when I first started ordering them, but they do now. (they low smoke zinc for votives is WAY too hot for my OK6228 votives)

DanaE