KY50/50 vs Farmhouse50/50

I would like to know too, I am dying over here w/ Farmhouse's increase...however, I LOVE the wax...I am wondering if it may have to do w/ the quantity she is able to order from her manufacturer, as opposed to KY-maybe she orders smaller amnts. and therefore pays a higher price herself???

BTW: which 50/50 are you testing from KY? I couldn't tell from her descriptions which one you had...

Yep, not pleased with the price increase myself! If I recall it was a good increase too, like $9.00 maybe? I love the wax too and don't pay shipping, so even with the price increase I still save because I don't pay shipping. Sharon, have you gotten any recently? My last batch seemed more firm than the others. It burned the same, but I had alot of cracks and I spent HOURS fixing them with the heat gun.

I

BTW: which 50/50 are you testing from KY? I couldn't tell from her descriptions which one you had...

I'm using the KY-Para-Soy Container blend and so far have had good results with it. It says to pour into heated jars but I have not done that and it doesnt seem to be a problem. I was using CD wicks with GL 70/30 blend but for some reason I like the Zincs better with the 50/50 and so far good hot and cold throw with all the same FO's I was using with the 70/30. Perhaps it is just a quantity issue and KY may be purchasing in larger amounts getting more of a discount...I dont know...maybe I should get a sample of the Farmhouse and see if I can detect any differences. HTH :wink2:

Yep, not pleased with the price increase myself! If I recall it was a good increase too, like $9.00 maybe? I love the wax too and don't pay shipping, so even with the price increase I still save because I don't pay shipping. Sharon, have you gotten any recently? My last batch seemed more firm than the others. It burned the same, but I had alot of cracks and I spent HOURS fixing them with the heat gun.

Deb, She went from $52 to $63.75/case!!! For 55 lbs...w/ shipping, it's cutting into my profit BIG...:cry2: I may have to go back to widemouth JJ's after all...:rolleyes2