Current Batch of GL 70/30

I was about to re-order GL 70/30 and noticed the message on their site:

"Current batch of 70/30 is harder due to a change in the soy crop. If you experience adhesion problems or holes by the wick, add 1% Sticky Stuff or paraffin to soften slightly."

Has anyone ordered from this batch and noticing any problems? I'd like to know before I place the order so I know whether to buy their "sticky stuff", too.

TIA!!

Yes, I have a case from this batch and I did notice a difference. I had a few wet spots, which I had none with the other batch. But not bad....I was using J50 and the wet spots were horrible for me. And I do get a tiny bit of a sink hole by the wick and noticed a little bit of shrinkage also. I tried the sticky stuff and didn't see much of a difference. I e mailed them and they told me to add 1oz pp of wax of my J50 to it. So I have 2 candles cooling right now that I tried the J50 with. I only used sticky stuff once, so I am going to give it another try. HTH But I did like the first batch better.

I recently ordered some GL 70/30 wax. I've never used their wax before (I used Ecosoya CB Advanced); although I did experience some wet spots with the 70/30, I really love the wax. It's so much easier for me to use than the Ecosoya Advanced. The cold and hot throw is great. Plus, Brenda (I think she's the owner?) is so nice and provides awesome customer service.

Since I stsrted my business I have only used their 70/30. The difference in the batches are a slight difference, I really only saw the difference before But in candles it acts just like the other batches. Brenda and David are so great to work with. The only problem I have with them is that David keeps sending me samples of their new FO's.:laugh2: Their new Mango Papaya is to die for, it is so god you could eat it. I don' make soap but I think it wauld make a great one. I have never gotten a scent that didn't throw like crazy, Cold or Hot.

Since I stsrted my business I have only used their 70/30. The difference in the batches are a slight difference, I really only saw the difference before But in candles it acts just like the other batches. Brenda and David are so great to work with. The only problem I have with them is that David keeps sending me samples of their new FO's.:laugh2: Their new Mango Papaya is to die for, it is so god you could eat it. I don' make soap but I think it wauld make a great one. I have never gotten a scent that didn't throw like crazy, Cold or Hot.

Ry...what wicks do you use with this wax? Just curious, I am presently using ECO's but I've tried Zinc and CD's also. Whats your fav?

Snow, I use CD's with GL 70/30 with great success.

Ry, are you getting any wet spots or sink holes by the wick?

I spoke with Brenda at GL and she indicated that, depending on the climate in your area, these problems may or may not occur. I'm in a warmer climate so I'm hoping I don't have the sink holes and wet spots with this new batch I just ordered. The GL 70/30 wax has been awesome to work with so far.

Snow, I use CD's with GL 70/30 with great success.

Ry, are you getting any wet spots or sink holes by the wick?

I spoke with Brenda at GL and she indicated that, depending on the climate in your area, these problems may or may not occur. I'm in a warmer climate so I'm hoping I don't have the sink holes and wet spots with this new batch I just ordered. The GL 70/30 wax has been awesome to work with so far.

Tia, I want to try some CD wicks, I was thinking 6-10 (size) would that about cover it? I use 4oz, 8oz & 16oz jars. What size are you using? I use a straight sided salsa jar. Thanks for helping! Dee

Ry...what wicks do you use with this wax? Just curious, I am presently using ECO's but I've tried Zinc and CD's also. Whats your fav?

I'm using the LX 22 in 16oz Masons. There is only one FO i have to wick up and that is their Cranberry Orange Spice. No wet spots or sink holes this wax behaves really great. And Brenda and David are a wealth of knowledge. They maynot like me saying this:tiptoe: ; But if you have a question, problem, or a need to know give them a call they are more than happy to help.