can you glue swarovski crystals on wax

gerrie

I'm getting ready to make my daughters unity candle. Since her dress has swarovski crystals on it, she'd like to incorporate them into her unity candle, by gluing them around the top and bottom of the candle. I'm going to be using a plam wax, and last time I made one for my other daughter I had a heck of a time trying to glue on pearls. Is there a glue out there that I could get to help keep these crystals on the wax? Also it doesn't seem to appear that they come in a string, like a string of pearls, am I correct? I'm thinking the flat back ones might be my best bet, since they have more "glue" space, what to you all think? Is my best bet just to get them at my local craft store, or maybe JoAnn's Fabrics? TIA

Maybe you could glue some stones on to a ribbon the same color as candle. Then pin ribbon on. If your going to burn candle maybe a ribbon tied to center with the beads glued to it and tied. Or string beads on with elastic the diameter of candle, even could put some sort of dangles hanging from it. Or this could be done with a thin silver craft wire adding beads and swirls with the wire. I know there is glue that works for gluing felt to bottom but I don't know what they use.

Take your candle to a bead store and they should have lots of ideals.

Wow Sharon, you gave me a lot of different ideas to work with. I like the idea of elastic, then I don't have to worry about the glue sticking. The ribbon would be a nice touch too! It's a everlasting pillar so I don't have to worry about the ribbon or anything I put on the outside of the candle. Thank you so much for the ideas. I'd like to just use the glue, but I don't think it'll work, especially since I'll be transporting this unity candle to the Cayman Islands........That baby will be right with me, not going to stick it in my luggage for the airlines to toss around. Thanks again.