? about Witch Hazel in body mist

beau's mama

I've been trying to play w/ body mist using WH. Maybe it's just me & my nose, but I can't seem to get past the WH smell :mad: . My Nana used WH all the time & I don't remember it smelling like that! My FO isn't covering it at all. Do any of you use or know of a brand that's low on odor?

TIA

Are you noiticing it in the bottle or after it is sprayed.

I made my neices a body/room spray last Christmas using WH, Distilled water, and Black Rasp Vanilla FO.

If you sniffed the bottle of it, it was noticeable, but once sprayed the WH will usually evaporate off and the scent shouldn't linger. Just like when using to make Bath bombs you don't end up with the WH smell because it's an alcohol that has since, usually lol, evaporated. What ratios are you using? Maybe it's too much WH. :confused:

p.s. the WH i used was in a bigger bottle from WallyWorld. TN Dickensen's All Natural 14% alcohol.

Are you noiticing it in the bottle or after it is sprayed.

I made my neices a body/room spray last Christmas using WH, Distilled water, and Black Rasp Vanilla FO.

If you sniffed the bottle of it, it was noticeable, but once sprayed the WH will usually evaporate off and the scent shouldn't linger. Just like when using to make Bath bombs you don't end up with the WH smell because it's an alcohol that has since, usually lol, evaporated. What ratios are you using? Maybe it's too much WH. :confused: p.s. the WH i used was in a bigger bottle from WallyWorld. TN Dickensen's All Natural 14% alcohol.

In the bottle...after it's sprayed...on ME! I just smell the freakin' WH everywhere! I even used a few of the strongest FO's I have, but even they didn't work...dammit! :mad:

I was using 75% distilled water, 25% WH & fo to my liking. I keep lowering the WH & upping the FO but it's just not working for me.

I guess I'll just play around w/ water, fo, & oil, shake til my arm falls off,& see what I come up with LOL

I was trying to do something w/ ingredients that I could get locally. I love the cyclo/fco sprays but DH's wallet doesn't always care what I love :laugh2: Or maybe I can do some math b/c I think it may be more cost effective to get CME from Lotioncrafters. I used that when I first started, but then I discovered cyclo & lost my mind b/c it's just too easy to work with.

What the hell is WallyWorld? Walmart in the country?

I make room spray using distilled water, witch hazel and then I also mix

poly-20 with equal part of FO so it will mix better with the above solution, maybe that might help incorporate the FO into the mix, it does for me and I don't smell the WH at all.

Sandy~WI

Sandy, what amounts of the distilled water and witch hazel, do you use?

this is the recipe I go by and it will fill 5 of the 4oz aluminium bottles ( I use the aluminium because the mixture ends up being white)

12 oz distilled water

4 oz witch hazel

2 oz FO

2 os polysorbate 20

mix the FO and polysorbate 20 together then add to the water/witch hazel mix. You can use alittle less FO if it's a really strong scent but make sure you use the same amount polysorbate 20 as you are using of FO

HTH

Sandy~WI

I just came back from Deals. My first time going there. It's the same as Dollar Tree, they have the same items, owned by the same people, but this branch sells name brand food, even frozen food...and this store is HUGE! I happened to notice that the frozen food that wasn't name brand had "Made in the USA" on it. Weird...name brand stuff mainly made in China or somewhere else, non-name brand stuff made here :confused: OK, I'm getting off the subject LOL

Anyway, I was getting first aid stuff when low & behold, I look up & see 2 shelves full of DeLon (the body butter people) Skin Toner :shocked2: . I grab a bottle & open it to sniff...virtually NO SMELL :yay: Definitely no where near the smell of the Dickenson's WH I have :tongue2:. The ingredients are De-I water, SD Alcohol, & WH Extract. $1 for 16oz. I picked up one to play with. I'll post what happens. If it doesn't work for my body, at least I can use it for the house, linens & car.