Show Experiences...gotta share!

We did Bates Nut Farm this past weekend...did ok. We only made 3x table for the weekend (did a bit better at the Bates show in October), but met a lot of local people, which is what I've always been after. Hubby made some of those great stair-type displays I've seen posted here for the candles. HUGE difference in the look of the display! I loved it! I also gave a class through the city for the first time. Everyone (all 6 of them:) ) had a great time, and I sold 5 candle-making kits on top of the materials fee and tuition percentage they owe me. We also brought candles up to an Open House type show in Temecula...didn't sell a freakin' thing! It's one of those where you drop off your stuff and they set up and take a commission off what you make. My stuff was all piled on a teeny table at the top of the stairs in a corner. Just looking at it made me not want to touch it for fear of toppling the whole thing over! You know, like the fruit at the grocery store? $80 plus driving time and frustration out the window! Oh well, live and learn. At least we went up as a family and got to eat at a great pizza place! Guess I'll stick to the local shows and the classes...my goal is to be "discovered" and have greatness follow...:smiley2: