Candle Cautions...useless!

pamperme

I have not posted on here in ages...but when I was taking my kids trick-or-treating on Halloween my hubby and I were in shock of something we saw.

We went to a house and just stared at the windows...you know the part where it opens ...and the latch is ...with very nice flowly drapes hanging...

....there were pillar candle(s)...meaning more than one in more than one window sitting on that ledge BURNING! :shocked2:

I cannot believe that an open flame would be that close to fabric...but I guess some people are just that dumb!...I guess we should 'tell' our customers and put the labels on them....to not have open flame near ANYTHING.

Just thought you all might want to know what people do with our stuff when they take them home....Thank GOD it was not one of mine!

:shocked2: Oh my...I seriously think that there should be much more of a public awareness on candle/fire safety. Maybe if they did a few news special reports on the horrible things that can and have happened from burning a candle improperly. Maybe if people actually hear stories about others houses being burned down due to their neglect, they would be more cautious. Its all common sense to me, but some people just dont understand that flame next to curtains = fire.

It is common sense ...but I guess there actually are people who don't have it.

There is alot of awareness about candle buring and fire hazards associated with it...I have seen tons of news articles in the paper, magaiznes, there have been recall after recall on candles. Even on TV they have had specials. Maybe I just notice them because I am in the business but you would think with all the house fires people would think about what they are doing.

I don't get it....I guess it will take someone destroying their belongings and possibly hurting themselves or someone else before they get it.

Just thought I would bring it up so everyone is really pushing the safe way to burn candles.

Onetime, my SIL was burning a pillar candle and it was on the diningroom table. There was a centerpiece of long silk flowers and the flowers were hanging over the candle. I pointed it out to her and the fact that one of the flowers was very hot from the candle and proceeded to move the candle. She thought I was crazy!