Fantastic Palm Pillars and Glass Holder

bugtussle

These Cinnamon Red Palm Pillars (mottled) came out so UNIQUE, I just had to post. DH says don't burn them, let's just look at them. They were poured from bottom of Presto and I think the steric had settled to the bottom. Wonder if I can get this again.

The others show the glass pillar burner. Hope you can see the beautiful crystal layers formed when the pillar blows out (Blue Sugar.) The turq palm is Mediteranian from IFT. Can you tell, I LOVE PALM!!! Carole

post-1266-139458436775_thumb.jpg

post-1266-139458436777_thumb.jpg

post-1266-139458436778_thumb.jpg

Thank you, ladies. I'm glad we share our love of palms. I tried wicking with RRDs and had no luck, even the RRD29 was too big. Then I found the CSN-11 from Candle Science. Every 3" pillar I have made has been wicked with the 11, I have poured at least 40 scents and they all used the same wick. I burn my pillars in a dish or pillar container, so if it blows out the side after 3 or 4 burns, who cares. It is the only candle I have ever burned that I can light at 7:00 in the am and it is still burning beautifully at 7:00 in the evening. Just keep the wick trimmed to 1/4" when lighting. If you are really careful and burn for only 3 hrs at a time, the wick will not blow out. I like to just let it freeform in the container, it makes beautiful patterns as it runs to the bottom. Carole

Palms are a joy to burn! Our porch light died last spring and I haven't replaced it yet. I started burning a few candles each night instead. I light them in the late afternoon and often, they are still burning slow and true when I wander out with my coffee before dawn. I burn pillars in a big glass hurricane - sometimes I let them go the whole next day because they make the porch smell so nice. I would never have known how enjoyable this was if the porch light hadn't gone on the fritz!! :)