OK--Who's Heard of This??

Alajane

We've had numerous discussions of people promoting their candles as massage candles, but has anyone run across edible candles???? I just happened upon this website--it almost gags me to think of it, and I wonder if anyone has tried eating the candles--or if they just buy them for kinky purposes? I tried pasting the link to the specific page but it didn't work--just go to "Shop Products" and then the page that says "Edible Candles"

www.earthlybody.com

:spit:

I think they are marketed for "fun" adult play type if you know what I mean, the melted oil can be used as a massage and is edible cause it is made with flavor type oils instead of fragrance oils. NOt my cup of tea but I'm sure there is a market for such items :)

janis

After our last show, we had TWO people contact us re: soy massage candles - another vendor at the show was selling them and they thought it was a great idea and could our candles be used as massage candles?

Since I am the "research" side of our business, my partner called and asked what I thought. I told her absolutely NOT - not only are our candles not all skin safe, there is no way I want to get into the insurance problems that could come along with people grabbing hot wax and rubbing it on their bodies! :shocked2:

Now they want to EAT THEM :lipsrseal ...oh, good grief....:laugh2:

could our candles be used as massage candles?

Might want to search the forum for this topic... there is a lot of controversy about their use. Generally, candles have a much higher FO load than is considered safe for skin use. :)

I remember those wax lips, teeth, harmonicas and filled drink bottles... wonder what later-in-life disease they will cause? :shocked2::laugh2:Wouldn't it be a bitch to discover that Alzheimer's is caused by eating wax lips... :rolleyes2:laugh2:

Might want to search the forum for this topic... there is a lot of controversy about their use. Generally, candles have a much higher FO load than is considered safe for skin use. :)

I remember those wax lips, teeth, harmonicas and filled drink bottles... wonder what later-in-life disease they will cause? :shocked2::laugh2:Wouldn't it be a bitch to discover that Alzheimer's is caused by eating wax lips... :rolleyes2:laugh2:

Oh crap, I might be doomed. I never swallowed though. :o

Stella1952

Just today at a craft show I was talking to a customer about TRYING one puff.That was enough for me.I guess I didn't know how to smoke. It went down the throat and not out the nose.I thought I would die. First and last dare for me.It was a long time ago and glad I did't know how. Same thing happened to that lady.

We are both non Smokers because of those dares(except for my husband's second hand smoke I do get some.)

LynnS

I heard enough of people asking me about my candles and being massage candles.I got so sick of it and when I reccommend it is not good a few would snub me.I don't care what they did.They walked off. It was fine with me.I don't think they were buying anyway but they werent getting me to say it was OK. There have been times I felt these were "plants" to see what you would say. At one show 3 ladies bombarded my booth. Said they tried it at another booth. See how soft our hands are???

This is hogwash(edible candles).:shocked2: I still cannot understand why they keep coming up with this stupid stuff. Anyone who wants to sell them fine.I won't.I want to keep my insurance. Remember people will sue for anything.

LynnS

Might want to search the forum for this topic... there is a lot of controversy about their use. Generally, candles have a much higher FO load than is considered safe for skin use.

I have read all the controversy...which just enforces my reasoning for saying "NO"!! LOL We can't afford to take the risk!!