3 1/2" jar single wicked for Meredith

Hi,

I wasn't following what was going on between you and Meredith - but I wanted to ask: What soy is that - and, do you get the same result with a 3.5" jar without such a pronounced neck - meaning, a straight sided container like a tumbler.

Thanks!

I am sorry Henry, but can't tell you what soy it is as I stopped using soy a long time ago... just now enough throw for me. So this is an old candle. The discussion was trying to single wick a 4" jar, which I've done with a 62 zinc. This 3 1/2" jar was single wicked as well, with a 60 zinc. I now use IGI6006 wax... great throw and good clean burn in this jar. I don't use another type jar, this one is from Fairway Glass and is their 26oz. apothecary.

That is a good burn you got there. It still surprises me that you got a clean burn with soy in a 4 inch jar - especially with a zinc since they burn so much cooler than other wicks. And you added nothing to the wax - it is pure soy?

Isn't the 6006 is a soy paraffin blend? I could see how you can get a clean burn with a soy paraffin blend in this size jar, but I am still amazed that you got it with just soy.