Another ? about lye and traveling

diamondk

Oh girl, I don't know what to tell you on that one. I would think if you packed it properly that it could move in the moving van. Are you moving cleaning supplies or chemicals in the moving van? If not, I don't see why you couldn't move it. But, i don't know that for sure.

I know they won't let you carry paint or areospray in the moving van. I am almost afraid to ask when I do find a mover to move me. I have 20 pounds of this and don't really want to carry it in my car in today world if you know what I mean? LOL

I think when we order it if it is over 2lbs you have to hazmat if it is under you dont. But you can get as many 2lb containers as you want so go figure.

So are you saying that if I put a container or package in separate boxes I could send it through UPS or USPS? I am in the process of getting my candles and candles stuff along with whatever I can send of my B&B stuff sent to Alabama through both UPS and USPS. TIA

Oh I know someone else can answer this better....maybe do a search on the board for "lye" cuz this was discussed not to long ago when we found out about Red Devil discontinuing. Seems to me that you can have more than 2# shipped in the same box, as long as they are packaged in 2# increments (again, go figure). Check out some of the links for on-line lye suppliers at the top of the board, they may explain more about shipping regs.

You will have to check with your state but when I was checking into carrying lye on my website. I was told that you have to take a class through your state to ship hazzardous materials. They said that there is huge fines if you get caught.

I would suggest maybe checking with your state. OR maybe place an ad on the classifieds to see if anyone that is close to you would want to buy it..

The way Sarah's Spa ships is packaged in 2# baggies, double bagged. She can put 20#s in one box, and there aren't any hazmat stickers on the box that I notice. She puts 4 bags inside a plastic container to give them some extra physical protection. Don't know if she's got special permits with UPS though.