question on adm soy

Hi,

Well I have been using it for a while. It is a great wax, and my personal favorite, although the JS soy is right there, and easier to get, btw.

ADM has an excellent throw, hot and cold, little frosting, nice tops when using the additive, Pannalite, which is soy based. I also found it to be very inexensive when ordering larger amounts.

Here are the downsides, it is very difficult to work with this company! I have had orders lost, screwed up, and arriving half melted! So that to be said, it is a pain to deal with ADM. Love the product, can't stand the customer service.

I have been testing the JS soy and it is supurb. A very nice wax, I do add either beeswax, or a universal additive for smoother tops. Heard through the grapevine that Daphne at www.barnloftcandles.com has a great no frost additive coming out, so maybe that would be helpful.

Anyhow, that is my experience with adm.

Jordan

I get mine through Chempoint in IL. Their customer service is really good. They worked with me on shipping to get the cheapest method, and were very knowledgeable about the wax and the modifier. The batches I have received from them have been very consistent, which is important to me. You can check them out at www.chempoint.com, or call Leslie at 800-485-9569 x8517. The more you get the cheaper it is. They will give you the price break points if you ask.

Overall, I like the way ADM performs compared to the other soy waxes I have tested. It has awesome cold throw and good hot throw. I also think it is easy to wick. It is not a 100% soy though. I used to think it was, but it actually is a blend with 2% "other vegetable based ingredients". That's not a problem for me, since I add the Panalite modifier anyway.

• 1 year later...

Chem point can kiss my well, you can fill in the blank...I ordered from them over xmas and and a week goes by and I call and they say. Oh yeah, we aren't carrying that wax anymore. No phone call, email, letter, nothing..so I called ADM and the other supplier was a company that is one of the largest, if not the largest soy candle maker in the country, which the wax they sent was different. My advice, unless you are buying in tanker loads, run forest run from ADM soy at this time. It seems ADM isn't spending the resources to develop candle wax rather they are developing alternative fuel which you do the math. Maybe they will change in the future, they certainly have the farm connections.