what do you know...

They are melting too fast.. Not much scent throw after they are lit.. Mild frosting...The votives sides do not melt all the way .. they melt straight through to the center until they burn themselves out but a good portion of the sides are still standing...

I had the same problem with this wax as far as making votives, therefore I do not make votives. They just aren't good sellers for me but the 444 is great for container candles as it gives off a wonderful hot and cold throw for most FO's and a very smooth top. Wish I could have helped in the votive department. Good luck!

Thankyou so very much for responding!!I have noticed that the container candles come out alot nicer than the votives...I also noticed that when I pour at a cooler temp the tops are smoother .. I was pouring at about 170 now I pour at about 150

Sounds like you need to use a larger wick, as what you've described is called 'tunneling.' This will occur when a candle is wicked with too small of a wick.

Try the next size up of whatever wick you're using, and keep testing until you get the right one.

Good luck!

They are melting too fast.. Not much scent throw after they are lit.. Mild frosting...The votives sides do not melt all the way .. they melt straight through to the center until they burn themselves out but a good portion of the sides are still standing...