First Wholesale acct - Wish me luck

Well i am off today to meet with some people who want me in their store. hee hee I am very nervous. I was not prepared for this but i am going to wing it. I have a copy of my scents, samples, my prices, and a rough draft contract so we will see. What do you think of these prices?

$100.00 minimum on all orders.

3 oz wickless jar $4 each 5 minimum order of same scent

8 oz wickless jar $6 each 2 minimum order of same scent

15 oz wickless jar $8 each 1 minimum order of same scent

Not sure how i fit into their store but they seem to think so. Here is their addy. www.renstore.com

Congratulations!! Remember... SHE sought YOU out. This in itself should give you more confidence!! ;)

I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear what she has to say. Don't be afraid to be willing to negotiate a little on some things, but don't sell yourself short! I think your numbers sound very fair. Good luck!

Hi Sharon!!

I know, in her email she asked if i would consider them for wholesale. I was like ummmmm...yeah!

Thanks so much for the vote of confidence. I have been reading on here what everyone has said and the advice you offer too about not selling myself short and i am ready to say no if i have to. The prices are set , i have to make money too, but i can be flexible on other things. I am also going to tell them where i get warmers from too and suggest they buy wholesale from them cuz i would just be the middle man.

I don't think it has to be half. I am going to tell them the truth that in order for me to make any money on doing the 3 oz wholesale i will need to charge $4 each. They can charge what ever they want and i bet they can charge more then the $5 i charge. The best best i think is the 8 oz but i am offering the 15 oz too if they want. They don't sell very much but then again she bought one. Again, i think they can get more than what i get for them retail and will tell them so.

The wholesale is what YOU choose it to be. The prices you can pull up here are just basic guidelines so if she chooses her wholesale to be a bit more than the norm you see floating around the board then that is her choice and the way she chooses to run her business :D And so true that the retail establishment can charge what they choose for retail so they may see no issues with her current wholesale pricing. If they like your pricing then I say go for it!

JMO

Angi

Thank you so much soapbox. By the way your avatar is hot :drool:

Well I had my little meeting and the lady that invited me to come and bought from my booth at the Oktoberfest and loved my candles is not the one that makes the purchasing decision. :undecided It was this older man that obviously had better things to do. So i showed him what i had and told him my prices and what the best deal was and he keep my little contract and said to call him in a week to see what he decided. So we will see.

I think the lady will have the candle on in the store so hopefully he will like it. I am going to write a nice little follow up email (or maybe a letter) reiterating the best deals and thanking him for his time.