I've seen the light....

Guest Candelishis

Guest Candelishis

So, I've been using Reddiglo chips ever since I started making candles. They are what came with my first soy wax kit, and I've stuck with them, and always stood behind them...

Well....I was trying to make some red and green striped containers last week for Christmas, and I kept getting pink and mint green. So when I ran out of Reddiglo chips, I got on Peak's website (had to get some FO anyway), and ordered a few bottles of their liquid dye....well, HALLELUJAH!!! Let me tell ya what, that stuff is awesome. I had problems with my greens not dissolving before, and leaving little yellow specks in some candles, and my reds had some dark specks too. Well, not anymore. I will never go back. I luv luv luv liquid dye now...so thanks to all those who finally convinced me to try it, because I finally broke down, and I love it.

Guest LightofDawn

Hi Laura,

I confess, I too use the Reddig Glo dye chips. That is what came with my kit also and I have been a little scared to try something new. I ordered a pumpkin color liquid dye with my last fragrance order and now I am going to have to give it a try. It is nice to here that you are having great results with them. Makes me feel better about giving them a try.

Dawn

I have pretty good results with the Reddig Glo dye chips except for some of the reds and purples which don't want to disolve all the way and leave the little speckles in the wax (as you mentioned). I've switched to the liquid dyes for reds and purples now but keep the dye chips for all other colors since I've got my candle custom colors all worked out.

Just gotta be careful not to spill those puppies!!

:eek: