Soap Silly Oils....for Candles???

Sharon in PA

OK, the prices are OUTRAGEOUS (at least to ME!) BUT there are a few that I would just LOVE to try, Pumpkin Spice Frappacino, for starters!!! :drool: I may break down and order a few JUST for ME!

Now, my question is, are there many of you that can tell me that they've had good luck w/ these in wax? (mainly looking for soy users results as I pour a 50/50)

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

All I can say is it smells :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: out of bottle!!!! hee hee hee, don't worry birthday-girl-in-a-few-days I'll get ya fixed up with some body stuff in it so you can sniff for yourself and see if the "sniffin'" part is worth the big $$$$$ Obviously I have NO CLUE how it will throw in candles! :D Hopefully someone will! I would LOVE some tarts in it!

All I can say is it smells :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: out of bottle!!!! hee hee hee, don't worry birthday-girl-in-a-few-days I'll get ya fixed up with some body stuff in it so you can sniff for yourself and see if the "sniffin'" part is worth the big $$$$$ Obviously I have NO CLUE how it will throw in candles! :D Hopefully someone will! I would LOVE some tarts in it!

Mmmmm, ya KNOW you are killin' me with all that DROOLING up there, dontcha??!!

Well, of COURSE I'd be sending some of those yummy tarts up north to ya in a jiffy, IF I get some of it!!! (But I'll be MORE than happy to get my shower smellin' all yum first!!! You spoil me, girlie!!!) :grin2:

I've never heard of this supplier before, but what an amazing selection of fo's! They all sound wonderful & very upscale. Woof, some of the prices are really up there, in candle standards. I, too, would love to hear any soy results.

Susan.

I sent an email asking about their soy testing. They have maybe 6 w/ soy ratings & all were good to awesome. I know we're all the mercy of our own testing, but for those prices I'd at least like a bit of guidance to help me decide. I think everyone interested should drop them an email asking about soy results & maybe they'll get a little more active in marketing to us non-soapers. BTW, why are soap suppliers always so much higher on their fo's -- are they a higher grade?

Susan.

I sent an email asking about their soy testing. They have maybe 6 w/ soy ratings & all were good to awesome. I know we're all the mercy of our own testing, but for those prices I'd at least like a bit of guidance to help me decide. I think everyone interested should drop them an email asking about soy results & maybe they'll get a little more active in marketing to us non-soapers. BTW, why are soap suppliers always so much higher on their fo's -- are they a higher grade?

Susan.

I don't know why that is either, the costlier oils for soaping...for those prices, I would really like to know if I could get a jar to throw out of them, I am pretty sure they'd throw in tarts, most do....but once you add a wick- all bets are off!! lol!

There has to be some folks here who make both soap AND candles, who've tried them out in wax; I'll try and bump this up every day or so for awhile, and see if we can weed someone out! :cool2:

Their shipping isn't too bad. I can order 4lbs and it's under $10.00 for me.

I have only tested a few of their fo's in my candles and they seemed to perform great. I used Soy wax btw.

Thanks for letting us know, it helps...still trying to justify those prices in my mind!!!;)

I guess it depends on how you see it. If you want them for candles only, the yeah, the prices are high.

But if you want for b&b or both, the prices will be higher due to the chemical makeup of the oils. I've learned that in order to make them skin and soap safe, the cost to make them goes up. Candles require less ingredient make up, no need in worrying about making them skin safe, thus why they are cheaper.

BTW, I actually learned this from GenWax when I had asked them years ago why most of their fo's weren't skin safe. They were very informative and helpful.:)

Thanks, socool, that's a helpful answer. There's too many variables to guarantee an fo will throw, but do most people find the skin safe/soap fo's have a better throw in wax than a non skin safe version? I'm really intrigued by this supplier & it doesn't look like we'll get any reviews for wax.

Susan.