breakage in filled mason jars

I'm trying to figure out some weird breakage I am having lately. I ship 8 oz mason containers from Texas to New Jersey. Have had no problems til now. The last 2 shipments 1 & only 1 jar had snapped off at the neck. I'm wondering if there might be a flaw in the glass to cause this. It's really weird, the boxes are not banged up, & the packing is good, just wondering why only 1 would break & the others will be fine. In both shipments the breakage is at the same place, the neck. Any ideas?

Thanks

PamR

Sounds like a defect in the glass, perhaps too small to see. When a person "cuts" glass, it is not cut but actually scored to create a scratch. Glass is then broken along this line, forming the "cut". A tiny score in the neck of the jar could cause this break. Recently I had a shipment of mason jars and I found the a defect on one jar in each case. Leads me to believe that there must be 12 differnet machines that make the 12 different jars that make up the case, and one machine had a problem. Just my two cents worth.

Thanks, guys, I will contact the supplier. I checked all the other jars I still have & some that I used last year. They all have a 'seam' around the neck of the jar, looks like part of the molding process. I also think there is a flaw in the jars. Thanks again.

PamR