Honey Powder

kinipela

I received some honey powder yesterday from a reputable source. I've never tried it before. Is it supposed to smell like cereal? I don't get any honey smell or taste. I've read you can use it like honey in tea, etc, and to sweeten lip balms, body powders, etc. I can't imagine use this in tea. Maybe I'm missing something here... I plan on using it in soaps and maybe a milk bath. But seriously, it smells like cereal.

I have some, it has almost no smell at all, maybe a teensy bit like honey, and it tastes sweet, that's it not really like honey at all.

I've been wanting to make a body dust with it (like the Kama Sutra line sells) but just haven't.

I also have vanilla powder which is yummy and sweet.

I think the tea they are refering to is bath tea. That's what I use mine in.

No, I do mean drinking tea. Here's an excerpt from another site:

"Production of high quality (brand) Dried Honey Powder starts with the finest, premium grade Canadian Honey. The liquid honey is blended with maltodextrin, a refined form of starch, in order to micro-encapsulate the flavour and aroma of the original honey.

The honey/maltodextrin blend is free flowing without the stickiness and messy handling of liquid honey. (brand) Dried Honey Powder delivers the same flavor, color and functional benefits of liquid honey. It will store for a minimum of 24 months in it's original closed package at room temperature or <20° C.

(brand) Powder can be used in a variety of applications, wherever the unique flavor of honey could enhance consumer appeal. It is used as a natural sweetener, a sugar substitute, a drink base additive, a food ingredient, and a versatile component in natural cosmetics. "