Need Help Quick!

I must be brain dead! I just bought a bunch of primed wicks on a spool. I am ready to pour and realized I dont have the tabs on them yet. What do you use to punch that hole in the neck of the tab so that the wick stays on the tab? TIA!:D

Pliers work well. Not a good idea to perforate the neck of the sustainer base. Punching that hole will allow liquid wax to be drawn into the wick, defeating the purpose of the wick tab, which is to extinguish the wick before the candle burns all the way to the bottom of a container.

...from the Wicks Unlimited Site...

We also offer an optional non-puncturing crimp made higher up on the wall of the clip. As a result, when the wick clip assembly is glued to the bottom of the container, the burn pool has no point of entry below the top of the clip and the wick extinguishes itself before the candle's wax is completely exhausted.

This provides an extra level of safety for your customers as the flame is prevented from reaching the bottom of the container.

Oh thanks guys! My pretabbed wicks look like they use some kind of hole punch or something that makes a circle (hole). I will just use the needle nose pliers! THANKS SO MUCH for responding so quickly!