Tart Help

Help I am making soy tarts using the Ecosoy Pillar Blend to make them. When I made them using my metal tart molds I had no trouble. But now I am using rubber molds to make some fall leaves and bears and for some reason when I go to un mold my tarts they are cracking. I use 1 1/2 oz of FO and 1lb of wax. What could be wrong. Any help would be appriciated Thanks Regina :D

Regina, are you letting them cool long enough? I was having that problem also, I think I got too impatient and took them out too soon. I also use a mold release and very carefully take them out! I don't take them out until they are completely cool. HTH. :)

You mean they are cracking after they are demolded, or they crack and break when you demold them?:confused:

If the breakage is occuring when you are demolding them... Some shapes, like stars and pointy leaves and unicorn horns and such are easy to break when removing from the mold, so be sure to let them sit up and completely cool so that the wax crystals have a fighting chance to harden and gain strength. When you demold them, be sure to be gentle and support easily cracked areas with your fingers.