Anyone ever make a GM salt bar?

Meridith

I did today and was wondering if anyone has made them before using GM and how they turned out. I colored the soap with tomato red using my SS and scented the batch Cran-Apple. For 100% of my liquid, I used goats milk but other than that, it was my usual salt bar recipe. I am curious to see how the soap will do with the addition of the GM and what difference it will make, if any. I can't wait to try this bar out.

I love my goat milk salt bars, its one of favorite scents, I made it as normally for a salt bar, I add my GM in last, not with the lye mixture and its soaps and lathers lovely, I also add oatmeal milk and honey fragrance to mine and YUM!!

I do not notice much a a difference in mine but I love salt bars, I never shave without them anymore!

From what I have been reading about salt bars, they get hard really fast..Do you always pour into soap bar size molds? Is there a good recipe in the Archives for a good salt bar?..

I am trying to get some recipes together, and am starting to buy my

supplies...Hope to be able to start trying..lol. to make soap before to long.

I bought a salt bar from a memeber on this forum and I just love it..

I make my salt bars with 80% co; 10% babassu and 10% castor. My salt bars are my only bars that I will use that high of an amount of castor. I pour into my Kelsie mold so I don't have to cut the bars. They just pop right out.

They do set up and get hard pretty fast. I make my bars and unmold all in the same day. Like these ones, I made them yesterday morning (10:00 am) and had them unmolded around 6:00 p.m. I usually put my salt bars in the oven on warm for about 2 hours and unmold about 2 hours later when cool. Since I used gm, I didn't put it in the oven and just left it on the table with the air conditioning vent blowing on it. It took longer to set up this way.

So far, it still has lots of bubbles - I took some small pieces that I broke off and just washed my hands and it wasn't drying either. I was a bit worried of how the gm would affect the lathering properties - I never worried about the conditioning properties. Another reason to love gm soaps!

Oh and the soap came out pink! Darn it, I wanted red. Yesterday it was a lovely tomato red when I poured and when I umolded. Today, it is a lovely rosy pink.