temp to add fo in ecosoya 135

Poll time!

Trying to tweak the apple jack and peel candle that I am working on. I would really like to get all the bugs out of this one before I move on to another scent.

This last batch I made I used 2 different wicks that both seem to achieve the correct melt pool (cd12 and htp 104) in a 3" diameter 5 oz apothecary. I added 1.5 oz of fragrance and let cure 1 week. (not using dye)

So now I want to adjust the temp. on my next batch. The ecosoya web site said to work with the soy at 155. So I added my fo at that temp. I've seen other posts with hotter and lower temps. I poured around 125. So I thought I'd poll....

For those of you who use the ecosoya - what temp do you add your FO at?

What temp do you pour at?

Thanks a million!

I usually add my fo at 170, stir like crazy & pour at around 125.

I've found that pouring lower ( 100-110) tends to result in some ugly tops that need heat gunning to smooth out.

I too don't dye the wax but I'm using 4 & 8 oz tins with eco wicks which i'm happy with in those tins.

I only use 1/2 CB 135 and 1/2 CB adv for my tealights...found this helps to combat the frosting that the 135 often produces.

I use CB Adv in my jars, add FO at 165-170 and usually pour around 125-130. I find the adv produces much smoother tops and less frosting.

Thanks all I'll have to try adding the fo hotter.

Kim - do you have success with the cb adv? I have some here and it was so easy to work with, but my hot throw was terrible- truly awful! lol Maybe it was the fo I used (one from wellington that I had here for my lotions, supposed to be ok for candles as well, but....)

I think I might have to try a batch of 135 and adv using the same fo and see what happens.....