remelting container candles

Guest LightofDawn

I have a smooth top stove that has a warming burner, I usually set the candle on there to melt then repour. I've read that some put the candle in a warm oven, but I have never attempted this myself. Some also use a candle warmer to remelt.

HTH

Dawn

I melt wax left in containers set in an aluminum pan in an oven set on WARM - be SURE it will not reach over 200° - less is better. You can also melt in a double boiler, a pie pan set on top of simmering water, etc. Melting the wax is pretty easy - you could just dig it all out and melt the wax in a washed out food can set into simmering water. Add the extra FO when the wax is melted.

You could also simply put the container on your melter and pull the wick (with pliers) when the wax liquifies, then add whatever refresher oil to it that you want. If you add too much, the candle is not going to set up properly, so easy does it...

Would be a lot easier to simply buy a wickless candle... ;)

LOL yes I know. Someone bought this from me, pulled the wick out and now they are not satisified with the scent throw on their warmer. I agreed (since they are otherwise good buyers) to redo the candle by adding more wax. I told them to order wickless next time.

LOL yes I know. Someone bought this from me, pulled the wick out and now they are not satisified with the scent throw on their warmer. I agreed (since they are otherwise good buyers) to redo the candle by adding more wax. I told them to order wickless next time.

I would just make them a new wickless. That way you could explain to them that wicked candles can only have a certain amount of fo in them and the wickless can hold more. That is nice of you to say you would redo it. I would make them a new one, once. Not your fault they are altering your candles. That is like taking a wickless and putting a wick in it and saying it is not burning right. IMHO. :undecided

I remelted it in a warm oven and put more oil in the candle. I also told them that wickless can hold more but that next time if they are going to use them on a warmer then they need to tell me and order a wickless candle instead....sigh. Wasn't that hard to remelt and add more fo but still.