wicking advice/improve hot throw.

Hey everyone. I need some suggestions.

I poured 3 5oz apothecary jars using ecosoya 135 and 1.5oz of apple jack & peel to 1 lb wax.

#1 and #2 HTP 104 (my sister took one to test)

#3 CD 12

Hot throw was ok on both, but not fantastic. My sis only let hers cure 2 days, she liked it but said it could have been stronger.

I let the other 2 cure for 1 week.

The diameter on the jars is 3inches.

#2 burned 2 hrs 15min and used .5oz wax with 4/16 inch deep melt pool. It did reach the edges of the jar.

#3 also burned 2 hrs 15 min, used .5 oz wax with a 6/16 in deep melt pool. It too reached the edge of the jar.

Soooooo, to improve the hot throw do I wick up to CD 20 and HTP 1212 for testing or do I increase the FO to 2oz per 1lb?

Are you sure the FO you are using throws in the wax you are using? Some scents wont throw no matter what torch you put to them.

I am not familure with the wax you use but i am familure with the HTP wicks and the 1212 is a torch. I would try the 105 if ya feel ya have to wick up but i think you just may need a longer cure or a FO that will throw. You dont want over 1/2inch melt pool (at least I dont)

tootie

I used the apple jack and peel from millcreek which is on the list that is stickied for scents that throw in soy...

I thought that the 1212 looked huge :shocked2:. Maybe I'll try the 105 instead. On the other 2 it seemed like a 'correct' melt pool.

Maybe I need to add the FO even hotter? The manufacturer suggests 155 degrees....