New lightbox pics

Try the *daylight* flourescent bulbs from walmart - they come in a 2 pack. 100 watts were the strongest that I could find...actually uses about 23 watts. They don't get very hot at all.

They come in a light blue package and have *daylight* written in the corner.

Thank you! Those are the ones I was planning on, only the 50 watts... but if 100 watts dont get to hot I think I will pick them up instead. It will save me buying 2 sets of bulbs and thats more money I can spend on oils!:D

I think the pics look pretty darn good Elite. One is a bit blurry but the light seems pretty good... nice and white.

In my experience, there is nothing that motivates a hubby more than building (or sometimes just threatening to build) something <gasp> yourself. BUT... if that doesn't work? Don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen because A: it will never happen and B: you'll die.

Thank you... I just spent the last hour and a half learning to use my little canon power shot. I now know how to change exposure and light settings (first you have to take it off auto). Only had it since Christmas... I guess it's about time I learned to use the silly thing! :D

I learned how to take pictures with my digital camera when my daughter was in labor. She taught me between contractions! :)

My opinion of a lightbox is you use it to take a pic of an object and it will give you a crisp clean look to the pic. You dont have any objects in the backround taking away from the photo. It almost gives the illusion that the object is just floating and not sitting on anything. With mine it has a lot of shadow, because I dont have adequate lighting by the box. Still looking for lights for that.

• 1 month later...
With mine it has a lot of shadow, because I dont have adequate lighting by the box. Still looking for lights for that.

Have you tried an Ott-Lite? I know jewelry crafters use these all the time for theirs. I have one, but it's the reading one, so it still works, but doesn't bring out the clear crisp colors the True Color one does. I think that's what it's called...