Help with melt & pour soap

Angeliquebe

What do you mean by last longer? If you mean it isn't lasting in the shower, i'm not sure what to do but let it set up longer or you could try a dfferent m&p base and add it to the soft one.

I have never had this be an issue for me...sorry

I would like to know how to make my melt & pour soap a little harder so it can last longer I just melt and pour it in the mold but would like to to last longer. Thank U'

You can add many different things to your MP soap base to affect the outcome of your soap bars. Adding beeswax or Olive oil for instance will help with hardness..

You can start by adding up to 2T per pound of base of those things, keeping in mind that olive oil will make your bar slimey if you add too much.

You can add glycerine or castor oil to your soap base for more bubbles. Milk,cream, goat's milk, etc. for luxurious lather, and butters such as shea, mango, and cocoa for extra moisturizing and softening qualities. You can also add things like emu oil, lotions, creams, and exfoliating elements such as sugar, poppy seeds, loofah, etc. etc. Have fun with MP soap!! It is very forgiving, and if you do something wrong, it's usually fairly easy to re-melt and add more base, or more whatever!

Hope this helps.

Also if you make sure they aren't sitting in water that helps as well :). I know, common sense, but you would be surprised lol. Mine last longer when I use a pouf with it instead of a washcloth as well, and that isn't adding anything. I never have added anything to my mp soaps and the one I currently have has been with me for about 3 weeks now so that isn't too bad to me lol! But I do keep it out of direct water or sitting in water. When I let them sit on the soap tray where water pools then I lose them very fast.

Angi