Honey and Carrot soap

Meridith

Meredith, that's so luscious! For some reason mixing milks has never crossed my mind - go figure, lol. Does the fragrance of the monoi survive saponification? It's so intense just in the plain oil.

I can't smell it. The soap actually has no smell at all and I added no FO or EO. When I first added the honey, monoi and carrots all you could smell was the carrots and a bit of the monoi and honey. Since the carrot smell was so strong, I thought it might stick around but it did not and by the next day, when I unmolded, you couldn't smell it all. Maybe when it gets wet the scent will come back a bit.

I can't smell it. The soap actually has no smell at all and I added no FO or EO. When I first added the honey, monoi and carrots all you could smell was the carrots and a bit of the monoi and honey. Since the carrot smell was so strong, I thought it might stick around but it did not and by the next day, when I unmolded, you couldn't smell it all. Maybe when it gets wet the scent will come back a bit.

I've wondered if that might be the case - it's pricey enough that I've only used it in things like bars & butters to take advantage of that lovely fragrance. I'll be interested to learn if it does resurface for you.:)