Cost for an Accountant?

Guest SecretBuddy057

Guest SecretBuddy057

I'm talking with an accountant today. I'm hoping to have them help me get setup (how and what taxes to file, have them help me with end of the year, etc.). I know everyone's circumstances are different, but I'm just curious what you pay for your accountant. I have no idea what to expect as far as costs. I'd like to have her help me setup my Quickbooks too, and I know that's a whole different charge. Anyone want to share so I can sort of get an idea of what is normal? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Edited: Crap...forgot to log out of my SecretBuddy ID. Sorry.

It was a while ago so I can't remember what our "set up " fee was, but we pay a $50 monthly fee..... I hand over bank statements, merchant account summary, invoices, reciepts, credit card statements, customer invoices, etc. and she takes care of all of it. When it's time to pay my sales tax, she lets me know and gives me all the paper work and an envelope... I just sign and write a check. With all she does I don't even use quick books....

I think it's a deal!!

I'd be interested to hear what others pay too. I talked to an accountant the other day and she wants $300 for a 2 hour consultation. EEK! AND if I decide to go LLC, she doesn't do LLC taxes. So I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth going to a consultation. $300 seems like way to much!

I'd be interested to hear what others pay too. I talked to an accountant the other day and she wants $300 for a 2 hour consultation. EEK! AND if I decide to go LLC, she doesn't do LLC taxes. So I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth going to a consultation. $300 seems like way to much!

Talk to another accountant. What type of taxes does she do? 1040 filings? You can find a better business accountant who is not afraid of LLC work. I file my own, it's not that difficult with all the tax software that's out there and available to the public.

The first year I got an accountant and he taught me what I needed to know, and what to collect. I paid him $126.00 for that info and for him to complete my taxes and file them (along with the husbands private one too).

From then on, I've gotten Quicktax for small businesses and track all of my business stuff on there.

But then, it's a small business.

You will love quickbooks I use Simple Start and it is easy!!

My account charges a bunch they usually go by the page. I had a lot of stuff last year and it cost me 380.00. But over the years its been around that much for long forms.

Hope this helps:)